Clique and Club Ratings
There are two .csv files critical to utilizing the C&C tool that you will download once you open the Clique & Club dashboard:
A. Player Roster
B. Match Results
A .csv file looks like an excel file, and in fact, the MS Excel program will probably open these .csv files when you download them from the dashboard.
Steps to using the Clique & Club ratings tool for your group:
1. Open the Dashboard
2. Locate the two files (“Player Roster” and “Match Results”)
3. Click on the Player Roster file and download it
4. After downloading, click ‘Save As’
5. Customize the file names to your group’s info (see below)
6. Use the drop down from the ‘Save As’ step to select CSV (Comma Separated Value) as the type of file that you are saving
7. Save in a location on your computer that you will be able to easily locate them once you have filled it out and are ready to upload
8. Follow steps 3-7 for the Match Results file
A. Player Roster (File is “GroupNameState_Players.csv”)
This is the master list of the players who compete in the events for which the group is seeking player ratings. In other words, include anyone in this document that may play in a match in which there is an expectation that the match result will be processed for the sake of player ratings.
As your group grows, use this file to make ongoing updates to the included players. Keep the file saved, make the necessary player name additions, and resubmit the file.
Column 1: Last Name, First Name
Column 2: Rating* (Enter one -- any of the following will work, listed below from most to least ideal)
o PickleballRatings.com (if the player has a current tournament rating on our site)
o Club (if different from USAPA)
o Self (the least ideal)
Column 3: Email address
Column 4: Gender - ‘W’ or ‘M’
Column 5: Date of Birth
* This rating is the entry point for the player into the system. If a player’s initial rating is changed in subsequent roster uploads, it will have a ripple effect through ratings of other players in the group.
B. Match Results (File is “GroupName_Date.csv”)
This is the file for recording match results.
Column 1 (match winners): Last Name, First Name/Partner Last Name, Partner First Name
Column 2 (match losers): Last Name, First Name/Partner Last Name, Partner First Name
The player names in the Match Results files must be entered exactly as they are inthe Player Roster file, otherwise you will receive a notification shortly after processing your match results that there are discrepancies that will need to be fixed and the file re-submitted.
Again, save each file as .csv file. (In Excel, click ‘Save As’, then from the ‘File Format’ dropdown, choose ‘.CSV’).
- Player Roster - PleasantvilleOH_Players.csv
- Match Results - Pleasantville_Dec10_2017.csv
· At this time, players will have one rating that takes into account his or her match results from all doubles matches.
· Programming is not yet complete for processing singles matches. Therefore, only include doubles match results.
Have questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org@pickleballratings.com