Our team at PickleballRatings.com is very excited to announce, in cooperation with Pickleball Canada Organization (PCO), a special offer to affiliated PCO clubs for use of our “Clique & Club” ratings tool.
Why use the Clique & Club (C&C) tool?
- Allows player groups to establish individual player ratings based strictly on merit of performance against others in the group. This allows these player groups to create and manage events (such as ladders, shoot-outs, round-robins, etc.) for similarly rated players.
- Removes the need for pickleball clubs to create and manage a system and process to rate their members.
- Creates the opportunity for players to track their progress based strictly on performance and achievement vs. subjective human evaluation.
- A player’s C&C rating could be used as their “club rating” when he or she enters a tournament outside of their club for the first time.
- It has been tested and endorsed already by some clubs in Canada as well as a provincial federation.
- Qualifying clubs (those affiliated with the PCO), will receive a free trial period until June 30, 2019.
Additionally, widespread adoption of this program will help Pickleball Canada in its effort to become eligible for Sports Canada funding by enhancing its ability to “classify” players in accordance with the specified funding criteria.
Clubs in Canada that are NOT affiliated with the PCO through a province/territory (or directly where no provincial affiliation exists) will receive a two-week trial of the tool, which must begin prior to July 17. During this trial period, or at the conclusion of it, if the club affiliates, the trial will be extended until July 31, and the club will be entitled to the terms outlined below.
After the free trial period, clubs that are affiliated with the PCO through a province/territory (or directly where no provincial/territorial affiliation exists) will receive:
- Free: One batch of match result data per 6 month period. This “batch” can include match results from over the course of days, weeks, even months. For example, you might include two or three months worth of match results data in the batch, and then use the resulting ratings to organize your group’s structured play. Keep track of all match results, then upload again when the next cycle begins and watch all the ratings change.
- Paid Level 1 (LIMITED): Submit two to ten batches of head-to-head match result data within an 18-month period. Submit two to ten batches of head-to-head match result data within an 18-month period.
- # < 100 players: $100
- 100 to 299 players: $150
- 300+ players: $250
- Paid Level 2: Submit an UNLIMITED number of batches of head-to-head match result data throughout an 18-month period.
- # < 100 players – $150
- 100 to 299 players – $250
- 300+ players – $350
For more info and to get started, please read through the Clique & Club General Info, FAQ, and Instructions (which includes a video tutorial). When you are ready to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org